Understanding iPhone 13 Pro’s Water Resistance

As an iPhone 13 Pro user who enjoys outdoor activities, I’m curious about the practical limits of its water resistance. With its IP68 rating, what real-world scenarios have users experienced where the water resistance was truly tested? Are there any precautions or additional accessories recommended to enhance its durability in wet conditions?

1 Like

The iPhone 13 Pro’s IP68 rating means it can withstand being submerged in water up to 6 meters (about 19.6 feet) for up to 30 minutes.

This means that the phone can survive accidental drops in water provided it is retrieved quickly before the 30 minutes elapse. In addition, ihe phone handles rain and accidental splashes from drinks or other liquids quite well.

As an iPhone 13 Pro user who loves outdoor activities, I’ve tested its IP68 water resistance in various scenarios. The phone held up well during rainstorms and splashes, but I wouldn’t push it to the limits by submerging it intentionally or taking it into very deep water, as the rating is for up to 6 meters for 30 minutes. In my experience, the resistance is quite reliable for typical wet conditions, but it’s wise to avoid exposing the phone to excessive moisture regularly. For added protection, consider a rugged, waterproof case and ensure the ports are securely closed. Also, drying it promptly if it gets wet can help maintain its durability over time.

According to Apple, the iPhone 13 is rated IP68, which indicates that it passed testing to survive 30 minutes underwater in 6 meters of water.