Should I buy a camera cover for my iPhone 15 Pro?

Hi everyone, Should I buy a camera protector for my iPhone if I already have a case?

1 Like

If you already have a case for your iPhone, the decision to include a camera protector depends on several factors. Let’s delve into the advantages and disadvantages:

Camera Lens Protection:
Some users opt for camera lens protectors to safeguard their iPhone’s camera lenses against scratches and potential damage. While Apple’s sapphire glass for the camera lens is durable and resistant to scratches, there’s still a risk of accidental scratches when handling the phone, even with a case. If you’re concerned about scratches affecting photo quality or leading to costly replacements, a camera protector might be worth considering.

Case and Lens Cover Interaction:
Another option is to use an iPhone case with a built-in camera cover. However, there are downsides to this approach, such as potential negative impacts on video quality and autofocus performance. There’s a risk of issues like poor focus, slow focusing, or problems when zooming in with certain lens protectors. You’ll need to weigh the potential benefits of lens protection against any drawbacks.

Personal Experience and Preferences:
User experiences vary widely. Some iPhone owners never use lens protectors and encounter no issues with scratches, while others prefer to take precautions and use additional protection. Ultimately, it’s a personal choice. You could experiment with a lens protector, take before-and-after photos, and decide based on your satisfaction.

AppleCare and Insurance:
If you’re worried about accidental damage, investing in AppleCare for your device might be a good idea. A high-quality phone case combined with AppleCare might offer sufficient protection without requiring an additional lens cover.

Remember that opinions on this topic vary, so feel free to experiment and find what works best for you. Whether you choose to protect your camera lens or rely on existing safeguards, enjoy capturing great moments with your iPhone.

1 Like

According to me and the research that I have done; These protectors can help keep your lenses free from dust, debris, and scratches, ensuring your photos remain sharp. Here are some recommendations:

1. CASETiFY Camera Lens Protector:
  • Format: Plate (1-pack)
  • Quality: Manufactured by one of the world’s leading phone case brands.
  • [Features: Includes a cleaning kit for easy installation, anti-fingerprint guard, HD clarity, and scratch-proof design.
  1. AR Lens Protector:
  • Format: Individual rings (1-pack)
  • Defense: Boasts impact resistance, distortion-free HD camera quality, and protection from scratches, scuffs, and drops.
  • [Installation: Comes with an aligner for secure fitting and is case-friendly.
  1. ESR Tempered Glass Protectors:
  • Format: Individual rings (1-pack)
  • Design: Choose colors to match your iPhone for ultimate style.
  • Strength: Made from strong 33lb impact-resistant tempered glass.
  • [Kit: Includes cleaning and installation tools.
  1. BURGA Camera Lens Protector:
  • Format: Plate (1-pack)
  • Affordability: The most budget-friendly option.
  • Compatibility: Fits perfectly with BURGA cases.
  • [Protection: Guards against micro-scratches and daily damage.

Remember that while a camera protector isn’t strictly necessary, it can help protect your protruding iPhone 15 Pro lenses. Some protectors may trap dirt or cause glares, so choose wisely. Alternatively, using an iPhone case with built-in camera covers is another option.

It’s a personal choice. If you feel that your current case doesn’t offer enough protection for the camera, or if you want to be extra cautious, a camera protector could be a good investment.

Having both a case and a camera protector can provide extra protection for your iPhone. While a case helps protect the entire phone, including the back and sides, a camera protector specifically shields the camera lens from scratches, cracks, and other damage.

If you want to ensure the longevity and quality of your phone’s camera, investing in a camera protector could be a good idea, especially if you frequently place your phone on rough surfaces or in environments where it could be exposed to potential hazards.