No way to turn off group message on iOS 17?

I recently updated to iOS 17 and now when I send messages to 5-10 people for work, it sends as a group text instead of individual messages. I checked the messaging settings, but there is no option to toggle group messaging on or off anymore.

Hey, I found a fix for now. Just go to settings, messages, and turn off MMS. You can’t send pics, but group messages work. Hope they fix it soon!

Here’s what I found about disabling group messaging on iOS 17: Unfortunately, there is currently no built-in option to turn off group messaging in iOS 17. Many users who rely on sending individual texts to multiple contacts have been frustrated by this change. However, there is a workaround - go to Settings > Messages and turn off “MMS Messaging”. This will allow you to send group texts that are delivered individually to each recipient, although you won’t be able to send photos or videos. Hopefully, Apple will provide an official solution soon to disable group messaging entirely. In the meantime, I recommend sending feedback to Apple about this issue so they expedite a fix. With enough user feedback, they may prioritize restoring the ability to turn off group messages in a future iOS update.

Had a similar problem, Go to the “Settings” app on your Apple device . Select “Messages”. Scroll to the “SMS/MMS” section and disable “Group Messaging” .