Loving OS 2.0 but there's one feature Apple should add

I’m really enjoying the mouse support from Apple. It makes switching between virtual displays and Vision OS apps super smooth. It’s really helping with productivity. I also like the hand flip gesture for the Home menu and the control menu (hope I got those names right). Flipping your hand just feels so natural and satisfying.

But I do wish Apple would add an option to choose which fingers you use for selecting. Sometimes I’m writing with a pen or holding my coffee, and my headset reads that as an input, causing the screen to scroll or a button to be clicked. I think letting users pick the middle finger and thumb instead of the index finger could help prevent these accidental inputs. It’s a bit annoying having to keep my index finger out when I drink coffee or eat, so it doesn’t trigger a command.

That’s a great idea! My biggest issue is when I’m trying to scroll but end up grabbing the window by mistake. So when I move my arm, the whole window moves.

Lian said:
That’s a great idea! My biggest issue is when I’m trying to scroll but end up grabbing the window by mistake. So when I move my arm, the whole window moves.

Same here. It’d be really helpful if there was a way to lock the window in place temporarily.

I’ve been using one-hand input and it helps a lot. I didn’t realize how often I touch my face until I got the AVP.

It’d be cool to choose which fingers to use, but I think the hand tracking algorithm is always making guesses, so it could still get it wrong sometimes.

There’s actually an option to use just one hand for inputs.

Fynn said:
There’s actually an option to use just one hand for inputs.

Yeah, I use that option sometimes too. But I’m constantly turning it on and off. It’d be nice to just tap my thumb and middle finger for input instead.

Totally agree! Mouse support with Vision OS sounds great for multitasking, and that hand flip for the menus seems so natural. But yeah, being able to pick which fingers to use would be awesome. It’d stop those accidental inputs when you’re just drinking or writing. Small changes like that could make everything run a lot smoother.