Is your iPhone 13 Pro Max charging port malfunctioning?

I really like my iPhone since I got it. It’s been great with no problems. The battery lasts a long time, and the camera is fantastic. But last weekend, I was in the park and I accidentally dropped it when I was checking my notifications. Even though I have a strong case that doesn’t look bulky, the phone wouldn’t charge with regular cables after the fall. I tried different cables, but they didn’t work. Only the MagSafe charger works now. It’s strange because I’ve never had a phone lose its charging ability from such a short fall. Any ideas why this happened?

Use a plastic or wooden toothpick to clean the charging port. When this happened to mine, there was a large piece of lint stuck in there.

Jason…
It’s unfortunate to hear about your iPhone’s charging issue. Even with a strong case, drops can still cause internal damage, especially if the impact is on a critical component like the charging port.

The fact that only the MagSafe charger works suggests there may be damage to the port itself or the internal circuitry related to charging. It might be a good idea to have it checked by an authorized technician to assess the extent of the damage and determine if any repairs are needed.

1 Like

The two common reasons for this problem are lint or dust stuck in the port and a damaged lightning cable. Another less-known issue is using an old charger with a different model, which can cause charging problems.