Is there a new iMac refresh coming soon

I’m seeing some rumors online that the new m4 iMac might be announced or even released this month or next

I was about to buy a new iMac but now I’m thinking of waiting if something new is coming soon

Does anyone have any updates

I hope it has at least 16GB of RAM as the base to get me to upgrade my 2012 iMac haha

Remington said:
I hope it has at least 16GB of RAM as the base to get me to upgrade my 2012 iMac haha

Looks like it will be. The new Apple products are going to need 16GB of RAM

Remington said:

Same here! But I would need a 27 inch 8K screen too to really make me want it :man_facepalming:t2::rofl:

My setup: 2019 i9 • 27 inch 5K • Vega48 • 128 GB • 1 TB SSD

The Constant Geekery channel mentions the iMac refresh as a maybe

I think it will be announced way before 2 months. The m4 Macs could be revealed this month, October

Micah said:
I think it will be announced way before 2 months. The m4 Macs could be revealed this month, October

Thanks, that’s what I’m hearing too

EmilyJohnson said:

Micah said:

Thanks, that’s what I’m hearing too

You’re welcome. I’m also waiting to buy a new one

I’m expecting an announcement very soon. I have an M1 with 8GB and 256GB and want to upgrade to an M4 with 24GB and 1TB

I want to get my wife one of these newer iMacs too so I’m holding off since I’ve heard rumors of 16GB of RAM being standard along with USB-C peripherals

Tatum said:
I want to get my wife one of these newer iMacs too so I’m holding off since I’ve heard rumors of 16GB of RAM being standard along with USB-C peripherals

That’s exactly my situation lol. The 8GB ones seem to be dropping in price on eBay but all the rumors say 16GB is the new standard :frowning:

EmilyJohnson said:

Tatum said:

That’s exactly my situation lol. The 8GB ones seem to be dropping in price on eBay but all the rumors say 16GB is the new standard :frowning:

The 16GB is the big selling point for us (I think the M3 and M4 will be similar). USB-C peripherals would be great too if that happens

Tatum said:

EmilyJohnson said:
Tatum said:

The 16GB is the big selling point for us (I think the M3 and M4 will be similar). USB-C peripherals would be great too if that happens

USB-C would be nice but I don’t mind getting a port hub since I have a lot of old devices with different connections anyway

The 16GB is a deal breaker for me - I’m worried that in a few years no new software will work properly on 8GB

EmilyJohnson said:
I’m seeing some rumors online that the new m4 iMac might be announced or even released this month or next

I was about to buy a new iMac but now I’m thinking of waiting if something new is coming soon

Yeah just wait a bit longer, new peripherals like mouse, trackpad, keyboard with new features and USB-C are coming so just hold off for a couple of months

Nico said:

EmilyJohnson said:

Yeah just wait a bit longer, new peripherals like mouse, trackpad, keyboard with new features and USB-C are coming so just hold off for a couple of months

Thanks, that’s just what I was looking for

EmilyJohnson said:

Hoping for a 32GB RAM option

Baylen said:

EmilyJohnson said:

Hoping for a 32GB RAM option

I hear that 16GB will be the minimum since the new Apple software needs it so they probably will have a 32GB option

EmilyJohnson said:

I really need a new iMac but I definitely don’t want an old model. I wish they would release it sooner

Lyle said:

EmilyJohnson said:

I really need a new iMac but I definitely don’t want an old model. I wish they would release it sooner

I’ve noticed prices for used ones dropping in the last week. It has to be happening any time now