How do you pause your location on Find My iPhone?

Hi there! I’m new to using an iPhone and I want to know if there’s a way to stop sharing my location temporarily. I’m sharing it with my uncle all the time, but I want to stop for a bit without telling him. I know it shows when I’m online, but is there a button I can press to pause it?

Yes, you can temporarily stop sharing your location on an iPhone. Here’s how:

1. Open the “Find My” app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap on the “People” tab at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Find the person with whom you’re sharing your location and tap their name.
  4. On their profile, you’ll see options for sharing your location. Toggle off the “Share My Location” switch to temporarily stop sharing your location.

This will stop sharing your location until you manually turn it back on. Keep in mind that your uncle will see that your location sharing has been turned off.

How to Pause Location on Find My iPhone: Steps to Freeze Location

Method 1: Turn off Location Services in the iPhone’s Settings.

Method 2: Activate Airplane Mode on your iPhone.

Method 3: Change your location to a new device using the Find My app.

Method 4: Turn off your iPhone.

Yes, you can temporarily stop sharing your location without notifying your uncle. In the Find My app, tap on your name at the bottom of the screen, then select “Stop Sharing My Location.” This will pause location sharing until you decide to turn it back on. Keep in mind that this action won’t notify your uncle.

In the “Find My” app, select “Me” and turn off the “Share My Location” option. They will not receive an alert if you do this; all you have to do is remember to turn it back on.