Help me choose one today, which would you go for

2019 has original parts but is newer and less expensive. 2017 has improved RAM and a brand-new SSD.

I don’t really like either of them. The first one is okay because of the RAM and SSD, but it can’t run the latest macOS. It’s also too pricey. The second one with 8GB of RAM would feel slow, but at least it could run Sequoia.

Kelly said:
I don’t really like either of them. The first one is okay because of the RAM and SSD, but it can’t run the latest macOS. It’s also too pricey. The second one with 8GB of RAM would feel slow, but at least it could run Sequoia.

Isn’t Ventura a good enough OS? Why do I even need the latest one? I’m mostly going to use it for music recording and production.

Toby said:

Kelly said:

Isn’t Ventura a good enough OS? Why do I even need the latest one? I’m mostly going to use it for music recording and production.

Ventura is good.

The main reason to get a newer OS is for security updates. If you’re careful with what you do online, then it’s not a big deal.

I have older hardware that can’t run the latest OS and I’m just cautious with how I use them.

Kelly said:

Toby said:
Kelly said:

Ventura is good.

The main reason to get a newer OS is for security updates. If you’re careful with what you do online, then it’s not a big deal.

I have older hardware that can’t run the latest OS and I’m just cautious with how I use them.

Got it. But since I download instrumentals and stuff a lot… aren’t there free security software options for Macs, like how Windows has?

Toby said:

Kelly said:
Toby said:
Kelly said:

Ventura is good.

Got it. But since I download instrumentals and stuff a lot… aren’t there free security software options for Macs, like how Windows has?

I use MalwareBytes to scan if I suspect something’s wrong. I haven’t checked for free Mac security software, but I know there are paid options.