HEIF Max vs. ProRAW Max: Which is Better for Photography?

Hey guys…

Just upgraded my phone and am trying to decide between using HEIF Max or ProRAW Max for my photography. I’ve read a bit about both formats but am still unclear on which one would be better for my needs. I enjoy both casual and semi-professional photography, so image quality is important to me.

Can anyone explain the main differences between HEIF Max and ProRAW Max? What are the pros and cons of each format? Which one do you prefer and why?

Thanks for in advance…

2 Likes

I’ve tried both formats and found HEIF Max to be more user-friendly for everyday shooting. It compresses files without losing quality, so you can store more photos without taking up too much space. However, if you’re serious about editing and need the highest quality possible, ProRAW Max is superior because it preserves more detail and dynamic range. It really depends on how much you prioritize post-processing versus storage.

1 Like

I prefer HEIF Max for most of my photography needs. It’s perfect for high-quality images without taking up too much space on my phone. ProRAW Max is awesome but takes up a lot more storage and might be overkill if you’re not doing heavy editing. For general use and saving space, HEIF Max is really convenient.