Change Apple ID Region After Moving Countries – Options and Issues

Wassup…I recently moved from Berlin to New York and need to figure out how to handle my Apple ID. I want to access some US-only apps, but I also don’t want to lose my German apps, like my banking app. From my research, it seems that changing the region on your Apple ID can be quite a hassle.

Some people have suggested creating a second Apple ID and switching between them. Does this still work, or are there issues with this approach? The threads I found on this were a few years old.

Additionally, I tried creating a new Apple ID, but it requires a phone number. My phone number is already linked to my current Apple ID, so it won’t let me use it. Can I use my husband’s phone number (he has an Android and won’t need an Apple ID)?

Has anyone dealt with this recently and can share if this is a viable solution, or if I really need to choose one country and stick with it, thereby losing access to some important apps?

1 Like

Moving to a new country can be challenging, especially with your Apple account. You might want to use different apps in your new location but still keep your old ones. Creating a new Apple account can be difficult because it requires a phone number. You could try using your partner’s phone number, but that might cause issues. The best solution could be to have two Apple accounts, one for each country, so you can continue using all your apps without any hassle.

you can create a second Apple ID with your husband’s phone number and switch between them for US and German apps.