Why won't my Twitter notification go away?

I don’t know why, but my Twitter icon keeps showing I have a notification when I really don’t! I refresh all my pages, but the notification badge just keeps coming back. Does anyone have a solution or has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Hi Donna… The persistent notification badge on the Twitter icon could be due to various reasons, such as a glitch in the app or a temporary issue with Twitter’s servers. You can try a few troubleshooting steps:

1. Force close the Twitter app: On your device, swipe up from the bottom (or double-click the home button) to view the app switcher. Find the Twitter app and swipe up to close it completely. Then reopen the app to see if the notification badge persists.

2. Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor glitches or issues with app notifications. Try restarting your device and then check if the badge disappears.

3. Check for app updates: Make sure your Twitter app is up to date. Open the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android), navigate to the “Updates” section, and see if there’s an update available for the Twitter app. Updating the app might fix any bugs or issues causing the persistent notification badge.

4. Log out and log back in: If the issue persists, try logging out of your Twitter account within the app and then logging back in. This can sometimes refresh your account settings and resolve notification issues.

5. Contact Twitter support: If none of the above steps work, you can reach out to Twitter support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or insights into why the notification badge is persisting.

If other users have experienced similar issues, they might also share their solutions or experiences on online forums or social media platforms.