Why aren't missed FaceTime calls showing up?

I got a new iPhone 14 this Monday, but I’m having problems with FaceTime.

I can call my friends using FaceTime or by clicking the FaceTime button during a call.

But when they try to FaceTime me directly, it just keeps ringing for them, and the call doesn’t show up on my phone at all. And if we’re already on a call and they try to switch to FaceTime, it rings for them but doesn’t show anything on my phone.

All my FaceTime settings are the same as my old phone. Both my number and Apple ID are set up, and FaceTime is turned on.

Can anyone help or suggest something? Thanks!

Hi Donna… It sounds like there might be a glitch with your FaceTime settings or the device itself. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve software glitches. Try restarting your iPhone and see if the issue persists.
  2. Check for software updates: Make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for and install any available updates.
  3. Sign out and sign back into FaceTime: Go to Settings > FaceTime, and sign out of your Apple ID. Then, sign back in and check if the issue is resolved.
  4. Reset FaceTime settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset all settings on your iPhone, including FaceTime settings. Note that this won’t delete any data, but you’ll need to reconfigure your preferences afterward.
  5. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it’s possible there may be a hardware problem with your iPhone 14. Contact Apple Support for further assistance and possibly arrange for a repair or replacement.

Hopefully, one of these steps helps resolve the issue with FaceTime on your new iPhone 14.

It sounds like there may be a configuration issue with your FaceTime settings or perhaps a glitch in the software. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, simply restarting your device can resolve temporary software glitches.

2. Check FaceTime settings: Double-check that FaceTime is enabled for your phone number and Apple ID. You can do this by going to Settings > FaceTime.

3. Sign out and sign back into FaceTime: Go to Settings > FaceTime, tap on your Apple ID, and select “Sign Out.” Then sign back in and see if the issue persists.

4. Reset network settings: Sometimes, network settings can affect FaceTime functionality. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, so make sure you have that information handy.

5. Update iOS: Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. If not, update it by going to Settings > General > Software Update.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may want to contact Apple Support for further assistance, as there could be a more complex underlying issue that needs to be addressed.